I. Personal data that we collect, process or use
During the registration and approval process we collect the following information:
- IP address of the institution
- Contact information such as address, email address, telephone number or telefax number
- A description of the project
- Names of persons involved in the project
Access to the service requires a username and a password.
We will also store the following information:
- Information on Data that has been downloaded
- Date and time of the download
II. Purposes of processing
We use personal data collected during the registration process to evaluate if access to the scientific data can be granted. Contact data is used for plausibility checks and in case that questions occur during the approval procedure or later on.
Username and password are necessary for technical access to the service.
This website does not use web tracking cookies or advertising cookies.
We use the following cookies
This cookie is necessary for session management. It ensures that you can use all of the functionalities in a convenient way as long as
you are logged in to our service.
This cookie enables us to ensure that you have read the necessary information before accessing the download area.
IV. Transfer of data to third parties
IZA does not transfer personal data that was provided during the registration process to third parties as long as it is not
- Provide you with the service you explicitly requested
- Fulfill ordinances of authorities in charge for criminal prosecution purposes, protection against threats to public safety by police authorities, purposes of protection of the constitution, purposes of the Federal Intelligence Service, Military Counter-Intelligence Service or the Federal Criminal Police Office when fulfilling their purpose of preventing terroristic actions or to prosecute intellectual property violations.